The StrateGene report only includes SNPs acknowledged to be true functional variants. This means they reach significance based on solid evidence that shows potential dysregulation in biochemistry, has known disease associations, may cause disease in many different ethnic populations and has clear functional effects on enzymes: either through expression, stability or action.
Articles in this section
- I did not receive COMT speed information due to technical difficulties or no call for one or more of the 4 SNPs. Is there anyway to figure out which speed I fall into?
- Which products support each StrateGene Pathway?
- Which pathways does each Seeking Health product support?
- My report is showing a COMT haplotype, however the "Advanced Tables" are missing my COMT SNPs. Where are they?
- What is the difference between the ambiguous (yin yang symbol), question mark, and "complicated" indications on my StrateGene Report?
- Practitioner Directory
- What is the difference between a pharmacological dose and a physiological dose?
- Why is your SNP list is so different from what I am reading in another report/online elsewhere?
- Are their other ways genes can mutate besides SNPs?
- What is meant by orientation or ambigous flip?