Genetic code can be "mis-spelled" many ways besides a single nucleotide polymorphism. These include deletions, copy repeats, gain, loss or inversion mutations among others. The Strategene test cannot detect most of these more complicated structural errors due to the limitations of the Infinium Global Screening Array-24 v3.0 BeadChip used. You can read more here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/dbvar/content/overview/
Articles in this section
- I did not receive COMT speed information due to technical difficulties or no call for one or more of the 4 SNPs. Is there anyway to figure out which speed I fall into?
- Which products support each StrateGene Pathway?
- Which pathways does each Seeking Health product support?
- My report is showing a COMT haplotype, however the "Advanced Tables" are missing my COMT SNPs. Where are they?
- What is the difference between the ambiguous (yin yang symbol), question mark, and "complicated" indications on my StrateGene Report?
- Practitioner Directory
- What is the difference between a pharmacological dose and a physiological dose?
- Why is your SNP list is so different from what I am reading in another report/online elsewhere?
- Are their other ways genes can mutate besides SNPs?
- What is meant by orientation or ambigous flip?