Metafolin, folinic acid, and L-5-MTHF are all forms of folate used in Seeking Health products. They are forms that are naturally found in the body, or "readily available" forms. However, these forms are not found in nature, such as dark leafy greens, so they cannot be naturally-derived and made into a supplement. In order to get these "readily available" forms, the body must take food folate and convert it into these forms. Therefore, Metafolin, folinic acid, and L-5-MTHF must by synthesized in a lab.
Articles in this section
- Do Seeking Health products contain histamine?
- Why does my product taste or look slightly different this shipment, when I purchased the same product I have been using for years?
- What is the difference between Vitamin K2 as MK-4 and MK-7?
- Does SelenoExcell contain yeast?
- Does Seeking Health utilize the "trans" form of CoQ10?
- If a supplement is derived from fermentation, is it bad to take if I have histamine intolerance?
- What changed in the Optimal Fish Oil in Jan 2019?
- Are Seeking Health products non-GMO certified?
- Other Ingredients and Their Purpose
- Why are Seeking Health products not labeled organic?