Possible side effects of lithium orotate use is diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, muscle weakness, fatigue, a dazed feeling, fine tremors, frequent urination, and thirst. Weight gain and swelling from excess fluid can also occur. Lithium supplements may also cause or make skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, and rashes worse. Lithium can interact with some medications (medications for depression, Dextromethorphan, Robitussin DM, and others) and could cause serious side effects including heart problems, shivering, and anxiety. Always discuss medications and supplements that you take with your healthcare professional to avoid possible negative interactions, especially if you are considering adding something new to your routine. If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse reactions, please see your healthcare professional immediately. Each individual may react differently to any product or supplement. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional prior to considering the use of this product or any supplement.*
Articles in this section
- What is Lithium Orotate derived from?
- What is the expiration date of Lithium Orotate?
- Does Lithium Orotate contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Is Lithium Orotate suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Is Lithium Orotate safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Can Lithium Orotate be used for children?
- Are there any side-effects or precautions when using Lithium Orotate?
- Is Lithium Orotate free of magnesium stearate?
- Does Lithium Orotate contain sulfur?
- How much elemental lithium is in each capsule of Lithium Orotate?