At this time we do not have a standalone L-methylfolate calcium salt. The glucosamine salt form of the L-MTHF (Quatrefolic®) is better absorbed than the calcium salt form, with higher water solubility, stability, and bioavailability. Also, the glucosamine makes up only micrograms of the overall formula. In such doses, since glucosamine requires gram doses to produce effects in the body, the glucosamine in L-5-MTHF capsules has almost no biological effect.*
Articles in this section
- What are L-5-MTHF capsules derived from?
- What is the expiration date of L-5-MTHF capsules?
- Are L-5-MTHF capsules gluten-free?
- Are L-5-MTHF capsules soy-free?
- Do L-5-MTHF capsules contain GMO ingredients?
- Do L-5-MTHF capsules contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Are L-5-MTHF capsules suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Are L-5-MTHF capsules safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Can L-5-MTHF capsules be used for children?
- Are there any side-effects or precautions when using L-5-MTHF capsules?