At this time we do not have a standalone L-methylfolate calcium salt. The glucosamine salt form of the L-MTHF (Quatrefolic®) is better absorbed than the calcium salt form, with higher water solubility, stability, and bioavailability. Also, the glucosamine makes up only micrograms of the overall formula. In such doses, since glucosamine requires gram doses to produce effects in the body, the glucosamine in L-5-MTHF capsules has almost no biological effect.*
Articles in this section
- What are L-5-MTHF derived from?
- Is L-5-MTHF gluten-free?
- Is L-5-MTHF soy-free?
- Does L-5-MTHF contain GMO ingredients?
- Does L-5-MTHF contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Is L-5-MTHF suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Are there any side-effects or precautions when using L-5-MTHF?
- Are there any ingredients in L-5-MTHF sourced from outside the USA? If so, which countries?
- Does Seeking Health offer an L-methylfolate calcium salt product instead of glucosamine salt?
- How much actual L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate is in each L-5-MTHF capsule?