The Optimal Liposomal Active B12 with L-5-MTHF contains 5000 mcg of B12 as methylcobalamin and 100 mcg of methylfolate, or L-5-MTHF, per serving. Active B12 5000 also contains 5000 mcg of B12 (but as a combination of both active "coenzyme" forms: methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin). These products would be considered comparable as vitamin B12 supplements. The biggest difference, aside from the delivery method, would be the small amount of methylfolate included in the Liposomal product but not in the Lozenges. If you are in need of a small amount of methylfolate in addition to the B12, you might consider the L-5-MTHF Lozenges, which can be broken into small pieces in order to adjust your dose as needed.*
Articles in this section
- What is the best form of vitamin B12 for someone who is histamine intolerant?
- What is Active B12 5000 derived from?
- What is the expiration date on Active B12 5000?
- Is Active B12 5000 gluten-free?
- Is Active B12 5000 soy-free?
- Does Active B12 5000 contain GMO ingredients?
- Does Active B12 5000 contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Is Active B12 5000 suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
- Is Active B12 5000 safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Can Active B12 5000 be used for children?