This supplement is not intended to be used to treat, prevent, or cure any disease or illness. Please consult your doctor before using 5-HTP capsules. Never substitute 5-HTP capsules for any other medication, such as an anti-depressant. There may be dangers to taking 5-HTP capsules with any other medication, and dangers to taking it in substitution for mental health medication. Though some research identifies the mood benefits of 5-HTP, not enough evidence supports 5-HTP to enhance mood, lessen anxiety, or aid any mental health dysfunction.*
Articles in this section
- What are 5-HTP capsules derived from?
- What is the expiration date on 5-HTP capsules?
- Do 5-HTP capsules contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Are 5-HTP capsules suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Are 5-HTP capsules safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
- Can 5-HTP capsules be used for children?
- Are there any side effects or precautions with taking 5-HTP capsules?
- Are 5-HTP capsules free of magnesium stearate?
- Do 5-HTP capsules contain sulfur?
- What is the difference between the extended release, capsule and lozenge form of 5-HTP? Which should I choose?