Not enough is known about the use of 5-HTP supplements during pregnancy or breastfeeding to make conclusive statements about their safety. As we are not licensed medical professionals, we cannot engage in diagnosing, dispensing medical advice, or prescribing the use of any of our products as a treatment for disease or illness. We always recommend that you consult a primary care physician/health practitioner of choice when considering the use of any products for health purposes, especially when pregnant or breastfeeding.*
Articles in this section
- What are 5-HTP capsules derived from?
- What is the expiration date on 5-HTP capsules?
- Do 5-HTP capsules contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Are 5-HTP capsules suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Are 5-HTP capsules safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
- Can 5-HTP capsules be used for children?
- Are there any side effects or precautions with taking 5-HTP capsules?
- Are 5-HTP capsules free of magnesium stearate?
- Do 5-HTP capsules contain sulfur?
- What is the difference between the extended release, capsule and lozenge form of 5-HTP? Which should I choose?