5-HTP Extended Release provides 200 mg of L-5-hydroxytryptophan designed to slowly release over a few hours providing a consistent and sustained amount of the active ingredient in the body. The 5-HTP capsules provide faster delivery of a lower 50 mg dose of 5-HTP. The lozenges, which break down higher in the digestive tract and faster than the tablets, might be best for individuals who are looking for a "quick-release" form of 50 mg of 5-HTP. They also are a great option for individuals who have trouble swallowing tablets or capsules, or who have trouble breaking down capsules during digestion. The form you choose will be dependent largely personal preference, or if you are able to consult with a healthcare professional or naturopath, we recommend using the form that he or she suggests.*
Articles in this section
- What is 5-HTP Extended Release derived from?
- What is the expiration date on 5-HTP Extended Release?
- Does 5-HTP Extended Release contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Is 5-HTP Extended Release suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Is 5-HTP Extended Release safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
- Can 5-HTP Extended Release be used for children?
- Are there any side effects or precautions when taking 5-HTP Extended Release?
- Is 5-HTP Extended Release free of magnesium stearate?
- Does 5-HTP Extended Release contain sulfur?
- What is the difference between 5-HTP and L-tryptophan?