5-HTP capsules can potentially interact with psychoactive medications including SSRIs, antidepressants, etc. Some individuals have found 5-HTP capsules to be helpful to promote a positive mood. As we are not licensed medical providers, we are not able to advise on the safety or suitability of supplements for medical conditions. We recommend that you discuss any supplements you are taking or considering taking with your qualified healthcare provider, especially if you have a preexisting medical condition or are taking any medications. A medical professional should be able to address any safety concerns or contraindications to determine whether you would need to get off the medication prior to starting a supplement regimen including 5-HTP.*
Articles in this section
- What is 5-HTP derived from?
- Is 5-HTP gluten-free?
- Is 5-HTP soy-free?
- Does 5-HTP contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Is 5-HTP suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Are there any side effects or precautions when taking 5-HTP?
- What time of day is best to take 5-HTP? With or without food?
- Is 5-HTP safe to use with anti-depressants or other mental health medications?