5-HTP capsules can potentially interact with psychoactive medications including SSRIs, antidepressants, etc. Some individuals have found 5-HTP capsules to be helpful to promote a positive mood. As we are not licensed medical providers, we are not able to advise on the safety or suitability of supplements for medical conditions. We recommend that you discuss any supplements you are taking or considering taking with your qualified healthcare provider, especially if you have a preexisting medical condition or are taking any medications. A medical professional should be able to address any safety concerns or contraindications to determine whether you would need to get off the medication prior to starting a supplement regimen including 5-HTP.*
Articles in this section
- What are 5-HTP capsules derived from?
- What is the expiration date on 5-HTP capsules?
- Do 5-HTP capsules contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Are 5-HTP capsules suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Are 5-HTP capsules safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
- Can 5-HTP capsules be used for children?
- Are there any side effects or precautions with taking 5-HTP capsules?
- Are 5-HTP capsules free of magnesium stearate?
- Do 5-HTP capsules contain sulfur?
- What is the difference between the extended release, capsule and lozenge form of 5-HTP? Which should I choose?