5-HTP does not contain corn or grain-derived ingredients. However, this formula contains ascorbyl palmitate (“Other ingredient”) which is derived in part from highly purified corn oil. Due to the processes used to manufacture the finished ingredients, the ascorbyl palmitate is considered non-allergenic.
Articles in this section
- What is 5-HTP derived from?
- Is 5-HTP gluten-free?
- Is 5-HTP soy-free?
- Does 5-HTP contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Is 5-HTP suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Are there any side effects or precautions when taking 5-HTP?
- What time of day is best to take 5-HTP? With or without food?
- Is 5-HTP safe to use with anti-depressants or other mental health medications?