5-HTP Extended Release can potentially interact with psychoactive medications including SSRIs, antidepressants, etc. As we are not licensed medical professionals, we are not able to advise on the safety or suitability of supplements for medical conditions. We recommend that you discuss any supplements you are taking or considering taking with your qualified healthcare professional, especially if you have a preexisting medical condition or are taking any medications. A medical professional should be able to address any safety concerns or contraindications to determine whether you would need to get off the medication prior to starting a supplement regimen including 5-HTP. *
Articles in this section
- What is 5-HTP Extended Release derived from?
- What is the expiration date on 5-HTP Extended Release?
- Does 5-HTP Extended Release contain corn or grain-derived ingredients?
- Is 5-HTP Extended Release suitable for vegans and vegetarians? If not, why?
- Is 5-HTP Extended Release safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
- Can 5-HTP Extended Release be used for children?
- Are there any side effects or precautions when taking 5-HTP Extended Release?
- Is 5-HTP Extended Release free of magnesium stearate?
- Does 5-HTP Extended Release contain sulfur?
- What is the difference between 5-HTP and L-tryptophan?